AOP Orphan Statement on SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19
Vienna, March 17, 2020: On Wednesday March 11 the World Health Organization (WHO) announced a pandemic in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. This is a serious health situation influencing numerous countries worldwide. We want to express our deepest sympathy for those who are affected, their relatives and healthcare professionals who work hard to improve current situation.
As the COVID-19 continues to spread these days, our primary concern is the health and safety of our employees and patients globally. It is of a vital importance for us to set up the measures to protect them and to ensure further regular operations of
AOP Orphan in all countries. With that in mind, we have implemented following actions effective as from Monday, March 16 to April 30, 2020:
- General travel restrictions for all AOP Orphan employees.
- AOP Orphan Meetings are to be conducted digitally.
- All AOP Orphan employees are requested to work from home, except those who work in the departments that are of a core importance for company’s operations, e.g. Supply Chain Management, Drug Safety and Quality Assurance.
- Internal guidance on how our employees can protect themselves against coronavirus infection.
- Enacting plans to ensure further ongoing drug supply in all countries. We are working closely with local health authorities and governmental representatives as well as with our product manufacturers and distributors in affected countries to ensure that patients get access to the drugs without interruptions.
"We are monitoring the development of this situation daily and do our utmost to secure continued uninterrupted supply of our medicines and services to patients around the world. At this stage we do not anticipate any product shortages.” says Andreas Steiner, Chief Executive Officer at AOP Orphan.
About AOP Orphan Pharmaceuticals AG
AOP Orphan is a multinational company with headquarters in Vienna, Austria focusing on clinical development, marketing and distribution of medicines for rare and complex diseases. AOP Orphan provides innovative treatment options, further individualized and customized services to meet physicians and patients needs across Europe, the Middle East & Asia. Currently, AOP Orphan is specializing in therapeutic solutions for HematoOncology, Cardiology & Pulmonology and Neurology & Metabolic Disorders.
To stay updated, follow AOP Orphan on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/aop-orphan-pharmaceuticals/
AOP Orphan Pharmaceuticals AG
Wilhelminenstrasse 91/IIf, 1160 Vienna, Austria